ISO 41001 Facilities Management System
“The World’s First International Facilities Management System (FMS) Standard”
ISO 41001 is the international standard for a Facility Management (FM) system. It provides a framework to develop, implement and maintain effective facilities management across different sectors worldwide and specifies the requirements for a facility management (FM) system when an organization:
- Needs to demonstrate effective and efficient delivery of FM that supports the objectives of the demand organization;
- Aims to consistently meet the needs of interested parties and applicable requirements;
- Aims to be sustainable in a globally-competitive environment.
The requirements specified in ISO 41001:2018 are non-sector specific and intended to be applicable to all organizations, or parts thereof, whether public or private sector, and regardless of the type, size and nature of the organization or geographical location.
Having a standardized approach to facilities management is envision to deliver the following benefits:
- Improved safety, health, well-being and productivity of workforce
- Better efficiency and effectiveness, hence improving organizational cost benefits
- Enhanced communication of FM methodologies and requirements among and between public and private sector organizations
- Improved consistency of service levels delivered
- Providing a common platform for all types of organizations
- More efficient use of resources and improved financial performance
- Improved risk management and protection of people and the environment
- Increased capability to deliver consistent and improved services and products, thereby increasing value to customers and all other stakeholders
Copyright © 2020 All Rights Reserved.
error: Content is protected !!