What is BRC?
The BRC (British Retail Consortium) was published by the union of British supermarket chains, the BRC. It requires documented approval to ensure food quality and safety.
These food quality and safety standards are published by retail trade groups. Any company wishing to supply its food products to those retailers must meet the required standards. The retailers request that an independent third party approves the quality and food safety system of the supplier.
Demand for food safety is growing. Consumers and authorities increasingly demand that the food we eat should offer high levels of quality and security. If a problem occurs, the source of error needs to be found quickly and the problem rectified. Demands are typically directed to the retail trade first, but responsibility spreads through the entire food chain to include food producers, primary producers and transporters.
- Access markets like UK, Germany, France & other markets where BRC is a requirement
- Strengthened relationships with retail distributors
- Increased transparency
- Reinforced customer confidence
- Streamlined production
- Minimization of significant food risks
- Effective control of internal processes and minimizing risk of failure
- Signal sent about a proactive approach to food safety
- Focus kept on your essential challenges