What is ISO/TS 16949?
ISO/TS 16949 in conjunction with ISO 9001 defines the quality management system requirements for the design and development, production and, when relevant, installation and service of automotive-related products
ISO/TS 16949 is an ISO technical specification aimed at the development of a quality management system that provides for continual improvement, emphasizing defect prevention and the reduction of variation and waste in the automotive industry supply chain.
ISO/TS 16949 is the only standard recognized worldwide related to quality management as it applies to any organization active in the automotive & motorcycle supply chain.
ISO/TS 16949 is based on the eight quality management principles (all fundamental to good business practice):
- Customer focus
- Involvement of people
- Process approach
- System approach to management
- Continual improvement
- Fact based decision-making
- Mutually beneficial supplier relationships
Benefits of implementing ISO/TS 16949
- Ability to enter auto manufacturing market
- Improve productivity, reduces waste and reduces defects
- Works within your organization and can be adaptable
- Improve your reputation